Waltons Irish Set (Whistle + Book + CD)
This set contains a Waltons tin whistle, a study book that includes 26 songs, and a demonstration CD to get you going. A perfect set for the new whistle player. The tin whistle comes in the key of D major. This set is suited for beginners.
How to play this tin whistle?
- Blow into the mouthpiece at the end of the flute
- It's very easy, just like blowing a recorder
- It doesn't require a lot of air, although slightly more than most whistles
- The whistle is played in front of you, it's very comfortable to hold
- It's suited for all hand sizes
The musical possibilities
- You can play in various keys
- You can 'bend' notes by slowly sliding your finger off the fingerhole
- The whistle has a reach of more than two octaves
Which keys are easy to play in?
On a tin whistle you can easily and comfortably play in the following keys:
D major - G major - B minor- E minor