High Spirits 432 Hz EarthTone Bass 'D' Walnut
Suited for beginners and veterans! The High Spirits 'EarthTone' Native American flute is a handmade instrument, built by renowned flutemaker Odell Borg. Odell has been making flutes for over 25 years in Arizona, USA. The flute is easy to hold and play, although this particular flute is suited for people with medium to large sized hands. It is also an incredible instrument for experienced players.
This particular model has been made out of walnut wood, has a length of 64 cm and is tuned to Low D. It plays in the D minor pentatonic scale and in the F major pentatonic scale.
The flute comes with a free DVD and instructional manual, allowing you to become a good native flute player, even without any previous musical experience.
Caution: This flute is tuned to 432 Hz. Some say that 432 Hz sounds better to the human ear than the usual 440 Hz tuning. When playing with other musicians, make sure they are tuned to 432 Hz as well.
How to play this flute?
- Blow into the end of the flute
- This is very easy, you do not need any embouchure
- It does not require a lot of air
- It is easy to hold, you hold it in front of you like a recorder
- It has six fingerholes, one of which is covered by a patch
- Which leaves five holes for the fingers to cover
- It is also possible to remove the patch, giving you acces to six fingerholes
- This allows for even more tonal possibilities
The musical possibilities
- You can easily play in the minor pentatonic scale
- Play in major pentatonic by starting on the second note (4 holes closed)
- It is possible to play tones outside of these scales as well
- Use half-holes (half cover the fingerhole) to do so
- The flute has a reach of more than one octave