Standard Xaphoon (C) Pocket Sax - ABS
The Maui Xaphoon, also known as the Pocket Sax is a relatively new instrument, invented by Brian Wittman in 1972. instrument is made in the USA It is concert tuned to the key of C.
How to play this flute
- Just like a real saxophone, it uses a mouthpiece with a reed
- You need to shape your mouth in a specific way (embouchure) to create sound
- Put your upper teeth on the mouthpiece, and softly bite down
- Fold your lower lip over your bottom teeth
- Blow with an open throat into the mouthpiece
- This flute has eight fingerholes on top, and a backhole.
The musical possibilities
- Easily plays in C major, F major, A minor and D minor
- The instrument is chromatic, so you can play all notes
- It has a reach of more than 1.5 octaves
This flute comes with a box and a booklet to help you get started with the Xaphoon.