High Spirits Pocket Native American Flute 'A' Aromatic Cedar
Suited for beginners and veterans! The High Spirits Native American 'Pocket Flute' is a handmade instrument, built by renowned flutemaker Odell Borg. Odell has been making flutes for over 25 years in Arizona, USA. The flute is easy to hold and play, and is therefore suited for beginners and people with smaller hands as well.
This particular model has been made out of aromatic cedar wood, has a length of 28 cm and is tuned to A. It plays in the A minor pentatonic scale and in the C major pentatonic scale.
How to play this flute?
- Blow into the end of the flute
- This is very easy, you do not need any embouchure
- It does not require a lot of air
- It is easy to hold, you hold it in front of you like a recorder
- It has five fingerholes
The musical possibilities
- You can easily play in the minor pentatonic scale
- Play in major pentatonic by starting on the second note (4 holes closed)
- It is possible to play tones outside of these scales as well
- Use half-holes (half cover the fingerhole) to do so
- The flute has a reach of more than one octave