Erik the Flutemaker Small Major Flute
This handmade flute has been crafted by Erik the Flutemaker. The flute is fully made of bamboo. It is played like a western flute, blown from the side and held horizontally. It requires a little practice to get comfortable playing such an instrument.
This flute plays comfortably in the C# major scale, but also in F# major, Bb minor and Eb minor. It is a great bamboo flute for someone who likes to play with other musicians.
How to play this flute?
- Aim your airflow against the edge of the embouchure hole
- This requires some practice and patience
- The flute is held horizontally, this too requires some practice
- There's 6 fingerholes on top, and no thumbhole on the back
- Cover the holes with the pad of the fingers, not the fingertips
The musical possibilities
- This flute easily plays in the key of C# major
- It is also possible to play in F# major, Bb minor and Eb minor
- It is also possible to play notes outside of these scales
- This is done by half-covering fingerholes
- The flute has a reach of 2 octaves