Erik the Flutemaker Anasazi Flute
The Anasazi Flute is a deep sounding bamboo flute made by Erik the Flutemaker. Recommended for a larger hand span. It is blown by holding it vertically, pressing the notch (the V shaped opening) softly against your lips and blowing with a smile. It requires some patience and practice to get the hang of it.
The flute is fully made of bamboo, and it has six fingerholes. It is tuned to itself, which means that the instrument will play in tune when playing alone, but when playing with for example a piano player you could be a tad flat or sharp.
How to play this flute?
- Put your lips against the notch and blow across the V-shape
- This requires some practice and patience
- The flute is held vertically
- There are six fingerholes on top, and a thumbhole on the back
- Cover the holes with the pad of the fingers, not the fingertips