Hulusi (C) - Traditional Chinese Flute - Rosewood - Professional Quality
The Hulusi is an easy to play traditional Chinese flute. The tone reminds us of the western Clarinet.
This Hulusi flute is made out of high quality rosewood. It has a total of 3 pipes, two of which are drone pipes. These drone pipes feature a mechanism which allows them to be opened or closed. When they are open they will sound a certain pitch, together with the middle pipe that has the fingerholes.
The notes you can play on a Hulusi in C are as follows: G A B C D E and high G. The highest drone is tuned to E, and the low drone is tuned to A. The Hulusi comes with a protective case.
How to play the Hulisi?
- Blow at the end of the flute, it is fairly simple.
- Try not to blow too soft or too loud, find the right intensity.
- Hold it in front of you, like a recorder
- Also suited for people with small hands
The musical possibilities
- Play in various Chinese and Western keys and scales
- 'Slide' notes by sliding your finger slowly off a hole. (This works really well on a Hulusi!)
- 'Trills' by moving your finger up and down above a fingerhole quickly