Erik the Flutemaker Tenor Bamboo Saxophone (G)
This handmade Saxoflute, or Tenor Bamboo Saxophone is made by Erik the Flutemaker. The body is made out of bamboo, while the mouthpiece is a classic saxophone mouthpiece. It is a reed instrument, just like a real saxophone. It requires a little practice to get comfortable playing such an instrument.
It requires a little practice to get comfortable playing such an instrument. This instrument is tuned to the key of G major.
How to play this flute
- Just like a real saxophone, it uses a mouthpiece with a reed
- You need to shape your mouth in a specific way (embouchure) to create sound
- Put your upper teeth on the mouthpiece, and softly bite down
- Fold your lower lip over your bottom teeth
- Blow with an open throat into the mouthpiece
- This sax has six fingerholes on top, and a backhole.
The musical possibilities
- Easily plays in the major scale
- It also plays in the minor scale
- You can also play notes outside of these scales
- You can do this by half-covering some of the holes
- It has a reach of one octave