HarmonyFlute Whistle in D, C or Bb - Rosewood (Tunable)
This is a beautiful hand made whistle that was made by the passionate whistle makers at the HarmonyFlute workshop in Russia. The whistle is fully made out of rosewood, and features a nice copper ring. It is a tunable whistle, the headjoint is detachable from the body. It is available in the key of D, C and Bb.
The whistle has a beautiful full and round tone, and more volume than your average whistle. This whistle allows you to have more tonal possibilities, for example more control over your vibrato. These kinds of whistles are recommended by professional players, including Brian Finnegan and Kevin Crawford. Brian Finnegan himself has played HarmonyFlute whistles.
How to play this whistle?
- Blow into the mouthpiece at the end of the flute
- It's very easy, just like blowing a recorder
- The whistle is played in front of you, it's very comfortable to hold
- It's suited for all hand sizes
The musical possibilities
- You can play in various keys
- You can 'bend' notes by slowly sliding your finger off the fingerhole
- The whistle has a reach of more than two octaves
Which keys are easy to play in?
On this whistle you can easily and comfortably play in the following keys:
D major - G major - B minor- E minor
C major - F major - A minor - D minor
Bb major - Eb major - G minor - C minor