HarmonyFlute Low Whistle in Ashwood (Low G / Low F)
The first video shows the Low G, the second video shows the Low F
This is a beautiful hand made low whistle that was made by the passionate whistle makers at the HarmonyFlute workshop in Russia. The whistle is fully made out of Ashwood, and features a copper ring. It is a tunable whistle, the headjoint is detachable from the body. It is available in the key of Low G and Low F, with Low F being the lowest sounding one.
The ashwood gives the whistle its beautiful organic sound.
How to play this low whistle?
- Blow into the mouthpiece at the end of the flute
- It's very easy, just like blowing a recorder
- The whistle does not require a lot of air
- The whistle is played in front of you, it's comfortable to hold
- It's suited for medium and large hand sizes
The musical possibilities
- You can play in various keys
- You can 'bend' notes by slowly sliding your finger off the fingerhole
- The whistle has a reach of more than two octaves
Which keys are easy to play in?
On this low whistle you can easily and comfortably play in the following keys:
G major - C major - E minor - A minor
F major - Bb major - D minor - G minor
If you have any questions about the instrument, or about which key would suit you best, do not hestitate to send us an email. We will try our best to get back to you as soon as possible!