Erik the Flutemaker Low D Irish Whistle in Carbon Fiber
A dream come true! For many years, Erik's customers have asked him to make a Low D Whistle.
Made with a Carbon Fiber Body, this 58 cm long instrument is the result of hard work, engineering and craftsman skills of some close longtime friends.
This Low D Whistle can be played in D major, E minor, G and B minor and is recommended for a medium-large to a large hand span.
Although the body is made from Carbon Fiber and is very strong, please be kind to your Low D Whistle mouthpiece!
How to play this low whistle?
- Blow into the mouthpiece at the end of the flute
- It's very easy, just like blowing a recorder
- It doesn't require a lot of air, although slightly more than most whistles
- The whistle is played in front of you, it's comfortable to hold
- It's suited for medium and large hand sizes
The musical possibilities
- You can play in various keys
- You can 'bend' notes by slowly sliding your finger off the fingerhole
- The whistle has a reach of more than two octaves
Which keys are easy to play in?
On a low whistle you can easily and comfortably play in the following keys:
D major - G major - B minor - E minor