PVC Quena (G)
This Quena is made of PVC, but has excellent playability. Perfect for your introduction to the Quena!
The Quena is a famous flute from Latin America. It is blown by holding it vertically, pressing the notch (the V shaped opening) softly against your lips and blowing with a smile. It requires some patience and practice to get the hang of it.
The flute has six fingerholes and a thumbhole. It is tuned to G Major.
How to play this flute?
- Put your lips against the notch and blow across the V-shape
- This requires some practice and patience
- The flute is held vertically
- There are six fingerholes on top
- There is one thumb hole in the back
- Cover the holes with the pad of the fingers, not the fingertips
The musical possibilities
- This flute plays easily the Major scale and in the Minor scale.
- It is also possible to play in other keys and modes.
- This would require you to cover half holes more often.
- The flute has a reach of over 2 octaves.