Bamboo Shakuhachi + Bag + Playing instructions - 1.8 Shaku (Key of D) - Traditional Japanese Flute - High Quality
The Shakuhachi is an ancient Japansee bamboo flute. The tone is deep and of a mysterious nature. It allows you to improvise in the pentatonic scales, and express your soul in sound.
This Shakuhachi has a length of 1.8 Shaku, which means the Shakuhachi is tuned to D. It is roughly 54 centimeters long and it is made out of high quality bamboo.
Playing instructions and bag included.
How to play this flute?
- Aim your airflow against the edge of the embouchure hole
- This requires some practice and patience
- The flute is held vertically
- There's 4 fingerholes on top, and a thumbhole on the back
- Cover the holes with the pad of the fingers, not the fingertips
The musical possibilities
- Play in the minor pentatonic scale, or the major pentatonic scale.
- The flute has a reach of 2 octaves.
This Shakuhachi can also be heard in samurai inspired games, such as Sekiro and Ghost of Tsushima. The Shakuhachi is played by Jin Sakai in the latter.