High Spirits Beaded Golden Eagle 'F#' - Walnut
This Beaded Flute is a unique blend of nature’s wood creations and delicate glass bead art. The colorful beadwork adds sculptural character, warmth, and grace to the functional art qualities of the native flute.
Suited for beginners and veterans! The High Spirits 'Golden Eagle' Native American flute is a handmade instrument, built by renowned flutemaker Odell Borg. Odell has been making flutes for over 25 years in Arizona, USA. The flute is easy to hold and play, and is therefore suited for beginners and people with smaller hands as well. It is also an incredible instrument for experienced players.
This particular model has been made out of walnut wood, has a length of 64 cm and is tuned to F#. It plays in the F# minor pentatonic scale and in the A major pentatonic scale.
The flute comes with a free DVD and instructional manual, allowing you to become a good native flute player, even without any previous musical experience.
How to play this flute?
- Blow into the end of the flute
- This is very easy, you do not need any embouchure
- It does not require a lot of air
- It is easy to hold, you hold it in front of you like a recorder
- It has six fingerholes, one of which is covered by a patch
- Which leaves five holes for the fingers to cover
- It is also possible to remove the patch, giving you acces to six fingerholes
- This allows for even more tonal possibilities
The musical possibilities
- You can easily play in the minor pentatonic scale
- Play in major pentatonic by starting on the second note (4 holes closed)
- It is possible to play tones outside of these scales as well
- Use half-holes (half cover the fingerhole) to do so
- The flute has a reach of more than one octave