Shakuhachi (Rosewood) - HarmonyFlute - 1.8 Shaku (Key of D) Traditional Japanese Flute - High Quality
This Shakuhachi flute has been made by the passionate flutemakers of HarmonyFlute. The hardwood allows for a more stable tone in both octaves. The Shakuhachi is comfortable to play and has a beautiful sound. It is a two-part instrument, allowing you to transport and clean the flute easily.
The Shakuhachi is an ancient Japansee bamboo flute. The tone is deep and of a mysterious nature. It allows you to improvise in the pentatonic scales, and express your soul in sound.
This Shakuhachi has a length of 1.8 Shaku, which means the Shakuhachi is tuned to D. It is roughly 54 centimeters long and it is made out of Rosewood.
Playing instructions included.
How to play this flute?
- Aim your airflow against the edge of the embouchure hole
- This requires some practice and patience
- The flute is held vertically
- There's 4 fingerholes on top, and a thumbhole on the back
- Cover the holes with the pad of the fingers, not the fingertips
The musical possibilities
- Play in the minor pentatonic scale, or the major pentatonic scale.
- The flute has a reach of 2 octaves.