Shakuhachi (Ashwood) - HarmonyFlute - 1.8 Shaku (Key of D) Traditional Japanese Flute - High Quality
This Shakuhachi flute has been made by the passionate flutemakers of HarmonyFlute. The Shakuhachi is comfortable to play and has a beautiful meditative tone. It is a two-part instrument, allowing you to transport and clean the flute easily.
The Shakuhachi is an ancient Japansee bamboo flute. The tone is deep and of a mysterious nature. It allows you to improvise in the pentatonic scales, and express your soul in sound.
This Shakuhachi has a length of 1.8 Shaku, which translates to roughly 54,5 centimeters. The Shakuhachi is tuned to D and made of Ashwood.
Playing instructions included.
How to play this flute?
- Aim your airflow against the edge of the embouchure hole
- This requires some practice and patience
- The flute is held vertically
- There's 4 fingerholes on top, and a thumbhole on the back
- Cover the holes with the pad of the fingers, not the fingertips
The musical possibilities
- Play in the minor pentatonic scale, or the major pentatonic scale.
- The flute has a reach of 2 octaves.