PVC Shakuhachi + Bag + Playing instructions - 1.8 Shaku (Key of D) - Traditional Japanese Flute
The Shakuhachi is an ancient Japansee flute. The tone is deep and of a mysterious nature. It allows you to improvise in the pentatonic scales, and express your soul in sound.
This Shakuhachi has a length of 1.8 Shaku, which means the Shakuhachi is tuned to D. It is roughly 54 centimeters long and it is made out of PVC. Suited for beginners who want a playable and accurately tuned instrument for an affordable price.
Playing instructions and bag included.
How to play this flute?
- Aim your airflow against the edge of the embouchure hole
- This requires some practice and patience
- The flute is held vertically
- There's 4 fingerholes on top, and a thumbhole on the back
- Cover the holes with the pad of the fingers, not the fingertips
The musical possibilities
- Play in the minor pentatonic scale, or the major pentatonic scale.
- The flute has a reach of 2 octaves.