Irish Flute (keyless) in D major with Carrying Case
This beautiful wooden keyless Irish flute (a real Irish flute, not a whistle!) has a rich tone, and is properly tuned and intonated. A perfect instrument for beginners to the Irish flute.
This flute plays most comfortably in the D major scale, but also in E minor, G major and B minor. It is a great bamboo flute for someone who likes to play with other musicians.
Because of it's large size this flute is not recommended for children and people with small to medium hands. This is a flute that's made to be played by someone with average to large hands! Even for a player with large hands it is recommended to cover the fingerholes with the second pad of the finger (around the middle of your fingers) to get a bigger stretch, just like Indian Bansuri players do.
How to play this flute
- Aim your airflow against the edge of the embouchure hole
- This requires some practice and patience
- The flute is held horizontally, this too requires some practice
- There's 6 fingerholes on top, and no thumbhole on the back
- Cover the holes with the pad of the fingers, not the fingertips
The musical possibilities
- This flute easily plays in the key of D major
- It is also possible to play in G major, E minor and B minor
- It is also possible to play notes outside of these scales
- This is done by half-covering fingerholes
- The flute has a reach of 2 octaves